Reoccurring Assignments & Activities
SSR (silent Sustained Reading)
- occurs every 2nd & 4th Friday of the month
- bring a book or other reading material with you the day
of SSR in order to get full credit
- if you need to, you can request to borrow a book (this must
be done at least 1 day before the SSR will take place)
- a missed SSR must be made up, during a free period as soon
-notebooks will be checked every 5 assignments (notes for the current story should be submitted along with the five
-assignment 1 will normally be the quotes for the month.
-notebook checks are done roughly once a month.
Quote of the Day papers
-this is a one page paper that is to be handed in on the 1st of
-if you are having printer issues, you can submit the paper via
e-mail to ensure it is in on time and then print it at school
-this paper will be graded for format and for grammar
- no late papers will be accepted.
* (unless the first falls on a saturday, sunday or holiday, in which case the paper will be due the following school day)
HOW TO WRITE A QUOTE OF THE DAY PAPER